Membership at Boroughmuir
Boroughmuir Rugby and Community Sports Club Boroughmuir Rugby
CommsworldSpace SolutionsEastern BMWBT PremiershipONeills Sports

Community

MARIE CURIE Team

Boroughmuir Rugby and Community Sports Club is dedicated to contributing towards our community in and around Edinburgh.

The club is involved with a number of different long term programmes with different Community Groups, from fund raising, providing volunteers for activities to helping promote charitable group’s exposure to the public.

Some of our members and their families have been supported by the different Charities and Community programmes we are involved with and we feel honoured to be a part of these organisations that contribute so much for society and the well-being of those less able.

 

MARIE CURIE EDINBURGH HOSPICE

As part of Boroughmuir Rugby and Community Sports Club’s commitment to making a positive difference and contribution to our community, we adopted the hospice at Fairmilehead after the wonderful nursing and T.L.C they had shown to our British Lion, Bruce Hay in his final days in the hospice, and the cancer care given to former players Hugh MacMaster, Gordon Irving and many others including our own loved ones.

It takes over 4.2 million pounds a year, £10.300 pounds a day to run the hospice where they receive 45% of that from the government the other 55% they rely on the generosity of local residents and companies to fund their services.

Marie Curie also have a team of nurses who provide nursing care and emotional support to the terminally ill and their families who want to end their days with their families in their own homes and like the hospice it is free of charge.

Today Marie Curie not only provides palliative care for people with cancer they also provide for people with other terminal illnesses such as motor neurone and heart disease.

MARIE CURIE Muir

There are 27 beds in the hospice arranged in individual rooms or small 3 bedded wards. They also provide holistic care offering complimentary therapies alongside more traditional control of pain and other symptoms.

The patient’s wishes are paramount-we always encourage them to have input into their care.

Marie Curie is a secular organisation we care for all people of any or no religious beliefs.

All of their care is free of charge.

Over the last few years we as a club have given tremendous support to the hospice throughout our annual Hugh MacMaster memorial game, the events we have held and our own team of volunteers to the hospice.

Many thanks for your help and support in memory of all our loved ones and friends!!

Please visit the Marie Curie website for more information. Click Here

Community
Membership
Merchandise

Follow Us

Facebook Flickr YouTube

Share this page

Youth Rugby
Events
Sports TV
Meggetland Sports
Venue Hire
  • Stocktrade Investment Managers
  • Energy Gym
  • Montpeliers
  • Laing Edinburgh
  • Golf Tavern
  • Alliance Creative
  • Aspect Residential
  • Johnston Financial Ltd
  • Michael Laird Architects
  • O
  • MC Squared Print
  • The Mortgage Specialist
  • Braid Vets
  • Morisons Solicitors
  • T M Lewin
  • Sponsorship at Boroughmuir Rugby
  • Apex Hotels
  • Marie Curie Cancer Care
  • Heineken
  • Pagan Osborne